Pages

Thursday, December 9, 2010

I started my day with delicious Strawberry Pancakes




Like I said in my previous post, you will be seeing a lot more strawberry recipes this season. For starters, why not start the day with some delicious strawberry pancakes. I found this recipe on Chefinyou and instantly wanted to try them out.I do agree with DK's recipe of strawberry pancake: Normal pancakes with some strawberry syrup drizzled on top! Naaah, not my thing at all! When I say Strawberry Pancake, I imagine biting into some berries inside my pancakes, not just outside and certainly not like a syrup alone! Wow! This really tempted me try the pancakes.
Chef Christian Faure, M.O.F (Master Craftsman of France), was recently in Mumbai and I happen to stumble upon a very handy tip for strawberries: he says that if strawberries are placed in the sun for 10 minutes; the warmth helps out to bring the flavour of the fruit. I haven't tried it though but would love to hear from you if you noticed any change :)



1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
2 egg whites
2tbs honey
1 cup milk
2cups strawberries
1/2tsp salt
1tsp baking powder
1tsp vanilla extract
2tbs butter
maple syrup/honey, powdered sugar & some strawberries to serve


Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl and keep it aside.
Take the wet ingredients in another bowl and mix well. Slice thin slices of strawberries.
Mix both the wet and the dry ingredients together slowly. Add the sliced strawberries and stir very gently.
Grease the skillet lightly, and drop about 1/4 cup of the mixture. Spread it lightly.You will see bubbles popping on the surface and will also see the edges done. It's time for you to flip the pancakes with the help of a spatula and cook the other side as well.




Serve your hot pancakes with maple or honey or strawberry syrup, powdered sugar and some sliced or whole strawberries. I got about 4 pancakes.

My tastebuds: It definitely made my day and added a sweet fragrance to my morning.


This is my submission to Blog Bites 9:The Holiday Buffet, hosted by One Hot Stove.

8 comments:

  1. nothing can go wrong if u start ur day with a breakfast like this! gr8 tip abt the berries, will try it out next time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous breakfast- thanks for participating in Blog Bites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the ideal breakfast for me. The strawberries are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect pancakes for breakfast!! Awesome presentation..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never had strawberries IN my pancakes.. and this looks great! I can't wait for strawberry season to start again to try this out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! This got me craving for some pancakes.It looks really good.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...