Pages

Monday, September 20, 2010

Coconut Milk Pilaf

Honey what's for lunch?
Me: hmmmmmm coconut milk rice :)
Hubby: hmmmmm...why coconut rice?no not today...
Me: why?
Hubby: you will just  season it with some grated coconut and I don't like coconut....
Me: but it's going to be different...I promise you...
Hubby: no not today I want something special
Me: ok :(




2 cups basmatic rice
31/2 cups of coconut milk
1 cup chopped onions
1 tsp of crushed garlic
3tsp of butter/ghee
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
7-8 pieces of cashews
2 bay leaf
1 cardamon
4 cloves
fried onions for garnish

Soak the rice for an hour. Take butter in a pan and saute bay leaf,onions, cashews, cardamon and garlic until onions are  soft.Add rice, salt and turmeric powder. Mix the ingredients well by adding coconut milk and cover the lid. Let the rice cook on low flame for about 20 minutes (or pressure cook).


Garnish with fried onions and serve hot with any curry.

I had to prepare this dish to give hubby a real taste of what I meant by coconut rice.......

And the result, he loved it and told me that it is much better than the coconut rice I was planning on making.......... yes whatever you say honey ;)

This is my submission to this month's Festive rice event, hosted by Torview.

4 comments:

  1. Delicious we make yellow rice like this
    I will add location
    Thank you for linking

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Megha,
    Saw your post on Souper Sundays....
    Loved the idea of adding anar seeds to the moong sprouts!Really yummy flavors going in!
    the pilaf too looks really tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm surely going to make this!
    BTW... I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Torview: Thanks :)

    @Sinfullyspicy: Thanks Tanvi...you have some interesting recipes to share

    @Meghana: Thanks. Let me know how yours turned out to be.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...