Pages

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Mixed Baby Corn & Cinnamon Salad

I was going through my list of events for this coming week and I came across no croutons required hosting corn as the main ingredient. I couldn't resist it..as corn is my favourite veggie and I use it a lot in my cooking.... I have already posted three recipes with corn in them :)
So here I am with another one....

You can either cook or serve the corn raw (I prefer it cooked). Baby corn, unless overcooked will retain its crunchy texture, especially since you eat the whole corn including the core. On its own, baby corn can have a slightly sweet flavor.It retains the flavors of sauces applied to it and adds interesting texture and visual appeal to a dish.





2 cups cut canned or fresh baby corn (I used canned ones)
1 cup sprouted beans
1 cup chopped gherkins (used gerkins with yellow mustard)
1/2 chopped green olives
1/2 chopped tomatoes
2tsp finely chopped celery
1tsp of cinnamon powder
1/2tsp dried basil
2tsp Olive oil
1tsp red wine vinegar
salt and pepper to taste

Toss all the ingredients in a bowl and serve cold.



This is my submission to this month's No Croutons Required, hosted by Lisa's Kitchen and Tinned Tomatoes and this week's Souper Sundays, hosted by Kahakai Kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...