Pages

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Blog Bites 8 : Pasta for me tonite!

Dinner time and I have to cook  specifically something for myself as hubby is out of town. What better way to indulge in some blog surfing and dishing out some good recipes to try.
I came across the event Blog Bites 8 hosted by One Hot Stove. The whole purpose of the event is to try out new recipes from your fellow blogger and criticise, praise or out-pour your emotions in words.....
This month's theme was to try a single dish for dinner that contains all the major food groups, that is filling and satisfying and tasty.The challenge was also  to make one dish meals beyond rice-based ones, like casseroles, over-stuffed wraps, stews and pasta dishes.

But I want to have pasta for dinner!!!

I went ahead with pasta and challenged myself that I would use something different in terms of sauce.I found the right recipe for my kind of liking and it is......

Summer Vegetable Pasta with Lemon Basil Almond Pesto by taste space - steam,bake,boil,shake!
Saveur also shares the recipe for the Lemon Basil Almond Pesto, which is simple, easy and the the best part is you can store it for two weeks .I can make this pasta again for my hubby once he's back next week :)







I cut down on the quantity to serves two. I used carrots, mushrooms and green pepper. A well deserved salad after a long day's work and very refreshing for a humid place like Mumbai.I loved the tangy lemon taste and almonds added richness to the sauce.Overall a filling dish and made my night!!!

3 comments:

  1. Looks wonderful- thanks for the entry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy to hear you liked the salad! It looks fantastic with the mushrooms and green pepper. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...