Pages

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Sweet Potato n Peas Sabzi

I've always enjoyed sweet potato in any form...I can even eat them just plain boiled.
An easy to make recipe with a blend of spices and veggies.They can  be used as a stuffing to make any kind of rolls. I've added cherry tomatoes instead of normal ones; as they not only add colour to the dish but also gives it a good flavour.
Before I share the recipe.....some handy information: sweet potato should be stored in a cool, dark and well-ventilated place, where they will keep fresh for up to ten days.They should not be stored in a refrigerator and it is a big no no to store them in plastic bags.






250gms sweet potato (boiled and cut into pieces)
1 cup fresh or frozen peas (I used frozen ones)
1 cup cherry tomatoes (cut into halves)
1 cup capsicum, diced
2 tbs cooking oil
1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp garam massala
salt to taste


Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds. Let it turn light brown, take care not to burn it (burnt cumin seeds can really give a bad flavour). Add cherry tomatoes, turmeric, coriander, chilli powder, salt and 1tbs of water. Allow it to cook for about 2 minutes.Add peas, sweet potato and garam massala.Simmer the gas and cook for about five minutes. Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve hot with tortillas.





I want to Thank Ricki from Diet, Dessert & Dogs and  Kim from Affairs of Living for selecting me as one of the Winner (out of ten) for last month's SOS Challenge - sesame. I will be receiving  a bag of sesame seeds from iHerb very soon :)
This month's SOS Challenge is sweet potato and as always I'm excited to submit my entry to this month's challenge.

2 comments:

  1. Delicious looking sabzi...yummm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delicious! I've combined sweet potato with Indian spices before and love the sweet-spicy combination. Thanks so much for another great entry to the SOS Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...